Sunday, October 25, 2009

There Is A Little Bit of Genius in Everyone...

And every once in awhile it comes out of me.

This blog isn't a food blog, but what better is a personal blog than for self-promotion and bragging? This plum, bartlett pear, and walnut tart I made this evening just hit the top five best things I've ever made. And I make some fabulous things. Like:

-my conference cinnamon rolls. We love them so much I make 24, which are gone within 48 hours.
-my roast turkey, which is better than any other roast turkey I have ever tasted (and that includes Marie Calendar's).
-my neighborhood famous peach cobbler (impressive, eh?).
-my strawberry cream cake.
-my cheese fondue.
-my macaroni and cheese.
-my pesto.
-my stuffed pork chops, stuffing made of cornbread and cranberries.
-my summer berry and lime triffle.
-my chocolate tier cake.

But, this tart was AMAZING!

The rest of the meal wasn't half bad either: pot roast with braised carrots and fingerling potatoes with butter and home-grown herbs (the combination of parsley, rosemary, thyme, chives, fennel fronds, and kosher salt was so delightful I can't even tell you).

Don't you wish you lived with me?

Don't you think my cake/tart stand is perfect?

6 comments:

M said...

Um, yeah I do wish I lived with you. Holy cow that looks/sounds good. Where did you get the cake stand? I love it!

And I'm in a cooking bind. I'll email you for details.

D, J, Dre and W.D. said...

Yah, I was a little embarrassed when I read this because I had just posted about the kind of food/garbage that we eat. We would love to come and live in your basement. And don't worry, your family won't have to live like us when you're in grad school. Unlike me, you have a good job and the credentials to find one where ever you guys go.
By the way, how did L's interview go?

R said...

Yummy...I can just imagine a warm piece of it with melting vanilla ice cream on it.

You certainly have your grandma's cooking touch.

J said...

UMMMMM, since I'm coming to your house this weekend you should make some more good food. Then I could attest to your skills...otherwise everyone may think your lying.

Ruth said...

Uh, can I move in tomorrow? I knew you were a good cook, but I must not have realized just how good you are. Why have you not sent me the recipes to these delicious sounding foods? I think you should teach cooking classes in the next life. Can I sign up now?

HJ said...

All I can say is, "I'm salivating."