Freud says there is no such thing as 'accidents.'
SO, when I analyzed why I kept forgetting your question, "How did L do in Michigan?" I figured I was too afraid to talk about it because I was afraid I'd jinx him.
Well, whether I was right or wrong I was definitely wrong to blow you off, on multiple occasions. You are a good friend and you deserve better.
Soooooooooooo, here's the answer: Apparently it went really well because....
LUKE WAS ACCEPTED TO OAKLAND UNIVERSITY (IN MICHIGAN) TODAY!He will be studying to become a Certified Nurse Anesthetist.
Oakland University made a personal call to tell him the news, isn't that nice? And, when the lady called him do you want to know what she said to him? She said, "We thought you were so great we wanted to offer your acceptance right after your interview!"
Since the Saturday before he left for Michigan I kept questioning whether spending $50 on a Donald Trump brand necktie was really a good idea. It turns out it was a very good idea. AND, do you want to know another good idea I had while aiding L in the application process? It was that he would owe me Manolo Blahniks for all my efforts (and patience). The only problem is, I have to wait until he graduates.
Lastly, I do not want to live in Michigan, so maybe he should owe me the Manolo Blahniks AND Jimmy Choos for being willing to move to Michigan.
2 comments:
So is it FOR SURE? Like there are no other options on the table?
So maybe the whole snuggie thing was a premonition? Because you sure as hell will need one there!
Congrats to Luke and Congrats to you for using this as an opportunity to get something you want.
WOW! I feel so special to have a post dedicated especially to me!! I have been so excited to hear about how things went; I didn't think that you would have a response from the school so quickly!! That is wonderful! I am so excited for all of you!
Thanks for the post!
Love,
Jen
Post a Comment