Monday, October 26, 2009

After Seven Years This Is How I Know L Still Loves Me

He was willing to take me seriously about what I REALLY wanted to celebrate our seven years of marriage. Sure, there was eye rolling and a few comments like, "I can't believe you're serious." But, his anniversary gift to me, today, my very own, as seen on TV, Snuggie in royal blue. It even came with a handy book light, for no extra cost.

When I first saw the annoying commercials for a blanket with sleeves I thought, 'How stupid." But then winter hit and I was cold. Really cold. Really, really cold. I was cold while watching television, while reading, while blogging, while surfing the net, while traveling. A Snuggie was the answer to all of my problems, seemingly. So, I warmed up to the Snuggie and eventually got the guts to tell L. It has taken me months to convince him I was/am serious, but the fruits of my labors were delivered today, purchased from the local Kroeger for a much better price than even Bed, Bath, and Beyond (even with the coupon).

Happy anniversary to me.

6 comments:

G said...

I thought a "snuggie" was something else . . .

R said...

OMG, you are officially old! You need to get L one for his anniversary gift so the two of you can sit around in those cold Michigan winters (matching color to yours, of course).

J said...

That's aweosome! I've thought about getting one but then I realized I'm cool. Too bad for you!

Ruth said...

I'm laughing my head off. Now I personally know someone with one of these. Hope it keeps you warm enough. I definitely could have used it in England.

M said...

I'm officially jealous.

HJ said...

I gave my mother-in-law one of those last year for Christmas. hope you like it as much as she does.