Someone posted on Facebook today that it is pathetic to complain about having too many Thanksgiving leftovers. She noted people say they don't know what to do with all of the turkey.
WHAT!?
Turkey Stock--boil the picked turkey carcus with onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsnip, salt, peppercorns, leftover herbs (anything goes), and bay in a large stock pot for 3-4 hours.
Turkey Sandwiches--I think they are good with stuffing on them and a side of gravy for dipping.
Turkey Soup--make dumplings with leftover stuffing.
Turkey and gravy over rice.
Turkey Pot Pie--add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, and cheese to turkey and gravy for the filling.
Turkey Enchiladas, Tacos, Burritos
Turkey and Vegetable Omelets
I made a 22 LB turkey this year and served 14 adults and 10 children on Thanksgiving day in addition to having all of the above for leftovers. It fed our family for one entire week. By the time I was done with it there was nothing left except well-boiled bones.
I agree, why complain when we should feel lucky--er, thankful--to have food on our tables? We certainly are thankful for this blessing this year.
1 comment:
Ummm, I hungry for these just reading about them!
Post a Comment