My mommy keeps asking why the last month of her pregnancy didn't go as fast as the first month of my life.
I like being alive so much that I smiled today at my mommy. My daddy says I smiled at him a few days ago but my mommy didn't believe it until today. She says most babies don't smile for another couple of weeks. I also tried to coo at her today; she says it was really cute and told me I was a big boy.
I am working hard to strengthen my neck muscles. They get a good workout when I am complaining about swallowing too much air when I eat fast. It's just that big babies like me like to eat a lot.
Hip showing Poquito how to lift up one's head.
I took a bath with my big brother today, combining two of my favorite things. My mommy and daddy are surprised that my big brother's yelling and screaming, often in my face, really doesn't bother me much. It bothers my mommy when he wakes me up though.
I look a lot like my daddy and brother. My mommy says it is unfair since she did/does all the work.
My mommy says I am sweet. I think she is sweet too, except I throw fits sometimes when she holds me and doesn't feed me. So when my daddy takes over I don't throw the fit since he can't feed me anyway. My mommy says since I know the difference already I must be smart.
I have reflux. My mommy was in denial about it until last week when I threw up so much she had to go buy me some new, ultra absorbent, spit rags. I can soak her, a rag, the couch, my bobby pillow, and myself in a few seconds. Due to the reflux I sound a little stuffed up, especially in the mornings. I also choke and cough a lot. My mommy isn't too discouraged though because it doesn't really put me in a bad mood, except when it causes me problems when I am trying to eat...then I show a big attitude.
I HATE being burped. I REALLY HATE it, and mommy says it is hard to burp me because I am wiggling all around and throwing such a temper tantrum trying to get her to stop.
I poop a lot. When I say a lot, I mean like 12+ times per day. My mommy's friend gave her about 120 newborn diapers and she bought 100 and I went through them in two weeks. It's a good thing because newborn diapers really didn't fit me that well. My mommy thinks it is almost time to go to a size 2!
I am getting used to going outside and being in my car seat.
I love being held. My mommy says you can't spoil a baby; she is glad to hold me all day long even if it did spoil me!
My mommy put me in my swing yesterday for the first time and I'm not quite sure if I like it yet or not. My brother is very jealous of the swing and asks to go in it all of the time. I think that is silly because he just got a swing set outside!
I am getting up twice per night which is really good for someone my age, but my mommy really wants me to only get up no times...she says until I sleep through the night her days never really end.
***
P.S. Since I wrote this a few days ago a lot has happened!
1. My mommy got really, really sick. She got a referral to see a specialist about her sinus problems because this is the 5th sinus infection (which may actually be bronchitis) she has had since she got pregnant with me.
2. I have only gotten up once per night for two nights in a row!
3. I really don't have reflux after all. My mommy's "flow" is too strong for me. She did some research and we have a new plan which is working okay for my reflux but not that okay for how hungry I am. We'll see.
1 comment:
No way can Poquito be one month old already! I'm glad he's doing so well. Can't wait to see him!
Post a Comment