Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Other Noteables

Dr. Ziff said, when he congratulated me on the natural delivery and I said I didn’t deserve it because it was against my will, “Well, either way the result is the same.” L and I liked that.


Baby was weighed in the delivery room at 8 lbs 8 oz. He was weighed the next day at 8 lbs 10 oz which lead my nurse to believe his actual birth weight was 8 lbs 11 oz. His weight is recorded on our records as 8 lbs 10 oz.


I really didn’t cry during labor/delivery. Tears would squeeze out during a contraction but it wasn’t real crying. I find this interesting because I am a crier. I also didn’t swear or disrespect anyone in the process. I don’t find this contrary to my character but others do!


I didn’t get sweaty either. I always thought I’d get sweaty.


I wore my amniotic fluid/poop socks until 10:00 am the next day. Gross!


I was glad to feel my amniotic sac break. Of any part of delivery I wondered what that would be like.


I didn’t sleep at all that night. I didn’t the night after Hip was born either. I wish I would have had my laptop during this time, there were a lot of interesting thoughts that I cannot remember now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't cry either during labor. It took way too much effort to do that. However, I did sweat a lot.