Wednesday, June 30, 2010

24.86 weeks


The calculation has to be exact (or rounded up) for coping reasons.


I had my first charlie-horse leg cramp in 62 weeks of pregnancy a couple of weeks ago. It made me mad to have my streak ruined like that, there in the middle of the night (remember how mad Jerry Seinfeld was when his 10 year vomit streak ended?).


I can't breath if I eat more than a fist-sized portion of anything, or if I exert myself at all. This makes me mad because I have worked out every day possible during this pregnancy, not even being scared away by the vomit-at-the-gym streak I went through.


I have gained more than 65% of the weight I had allotted myself. That only leaves me 7 pounds and the baby is supposed to gain 6!


I walk like I'm 38 weeks and people make fun of me, or ask me if I have an ankle injury.


Someone told me I didn't look pregnant, that I just looked fat. I didn't have rage but I thought, She's mad because my presence reminds her how wrong she is, always. Point proven.


It's hard to hold Hip or to pick him up. He doesn't seem to mind.


I like to swim as it takes the pressure off my legs and back. It's not really swimming as it is bobbing around because if I try and really swim I can't breath and there is nothing more scary than not being able to breath when you are in a body of water.


I like to eat pineapple and peaches and salt water taffy.


I can't bend very well, sit very well, lay very well, or stand very well.


Pregnancy+summer heat=sweaty.

You can see his hand in the second photo in the upper right, by his head. Me and L don't think he looks much like Hip.

2 comments:

R said...

He looks like a great little guy! I truly hope you begin to fell bettr.

HJ said...

you are to healthy looking and skinny everywhere else to even seem fat. It is all prego tummy. I think it is cute and you are an amazing woman!
How's that for positive reinforcement.
You really do look great though and I'm way excited for you.