Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reasons


Here are the reasons I love Ken Griffey Jr.

-He is a classy athlete
-He has triumphed over personal tragedy and disappointment
-He is funny
-He is cool
-He was exciting to watch
-He is inspirational, for all the right reasons
-He is caring
-He is a good leader, for all the right reasons
-He loves kids
-He is like an old-school player, the ones you think about when listening to James Earl Jones's monologue in "Field of Dreams" about baseball, wrapped up in a modern-day package
-He gives me a sense of happy nostalgia
-He is the reason I played for as long as I did
-He is the reason I have always regretted quitting
-He is the reason I have, and always will, love baseball

2 comments:

R said...

I couldn't have said it better...and I doubt many could have either.

J said...

Seriously, if I wasn't in my school library I would have burst out in tears reading that. I took everything I had to hold them in. I loved watching him play.