Potty humor is like my cheap beer. Give me a little and I get tipsy and giggly. I want more and more and more. Until I laugh uncontrollably and nearly pass out.
I love potty humor so much I have many "potty humor stories", which have little to do with the potty and a lot to do with the predicaments into which I have gotten as a result of all of the talking about potty.
Here's my favorite. It was late one Friday evening and I was with my three best friends. We were 16 years-old and at our favorite late-night hangout, Sharie's 24-hour restaurant. We had a window booth. I am sure it was me who began singing the, "When you slide into first and you feel something burst..."--you know the rest--song, but everyone quickly joined in. The group to the south of us, though we couldn't see them, were bothered by our potty-song. They began discussing "how obnoxious teens today are." One of them even said, "SHUT UP" loudly. They must have complained because our waitress came over to tell us to shut up or management would kick us out. Being threatened like that had the opposite than the intended effect on us: we thought we were awesome! We continued our song, albeit a little quieter. Eventually the party to the south of us left. A few minutes later I noticed a car halting a few yards away from the window to our booth. Out jumped a young male adult who began running toward us. Odd, I thought, until I noticed him tugging at the waist of his jeans and then I thought, really odd. By the time he arrived at our window he was smashing his bare derriere against the window in a full moon. We screamed. Then we got kicked out. Management was not interested in our excuses and didn't believe a word of our story.
My siblings love potty humor as well. All of our spouses discuss amongst themselves that when we, the S siblings, get together there is only 10 minutes before a potty theme comes up. When it does they all roll their eyes and nod in mutual suffering. All while the S siblings laugh hysterically, until tears sometimes.
I own several potty books.
I read them to my clients sometimes. This is my favorite.
In 11th grade I did a large science project on potty. My teacher LOVED it. It included a rap about potty.
Hippo has inherited my potty sense of humor.
(I'm sitting here typing with a large smile of pride on my face.)
When he farts he laughs hysterically and tries to push out more (maybe that's because, when I'm not in public...okay, sometimes when I am in public...I laugh hysterically at him when he farts). Tonight in the bathtub he began farting loudly, and bubbly, and of course we are both laughing quite hard and L walked by and said, "Maybe you should blog about this," and rolled his eyes.
"Maybe I will," I replied.
3 comments:
I'm sitting here so proud too.
In fact, about five minutes ago S started pooping in his diaper and I made a big production out of it including clapping and asking him to come give me a high-five. Neither me or Buddy thought anything strange about that but after reading this -- maybe it is strange. It's not like he did anything good or exciting, but he usually poops in his crib and I never see him so normally I can't call attention to it.
By the way, when are we all going to get together again? I need a good potty laugh.
Ahhh the Shari's full moon is also one of my all time favorite stories.
Post a Comment