I should have known something was amiss Monday morning when I not only didn't feel like going to the gym but I chose not to go.
Monday afternoon the symptoms began to present themselves: watery eyes, dry throat, sneezing one hundred times in a row (I'm not kidding), and thin mucus which would fall out of my nose if I bent over. By the time L was home that night and Hippo was finally in bed my throat was on fire, I couldn't breath out of my nose if I laid down, and my head felt like it was going to explode. It was the worst sinus headache I can remember--that's a big feat because I have seasonal allergies from h-e-double hockey sticks, as my brother would say.
I could not sleep that night despite L going to the 24-hour pharmacy to purchase some relief for me.
Luckily, I worked the next day.
Things were looking up when I woke up Wednesday with nearly every orifice on my face oozing thick yellow mucus.
I calculate I lost no less than $400 for calling in sick both Tuesday and Wednesday; and of course I had to cancel my private clients as well.
I also missed an important meeting with the organization through which I hold credentials, a business lunch meeting, and some beautiful weather.
On the bright side of things...
Since I was scheduled to work, L was scheduled to be home with Hippo. Nothing beats being taken care of, I'll tell you what. Hippo helped by screaming loudly nearly all day long, napping less than 90 minutes, jumping up on me, wanting me to read him a long book every five minutes, and giving me hugs and kisses every now and again.
I hope I feel much better soon, the house is looking a little shabby.
2 comments:
Get better soon! I HATE sinus headaches. Mine are also from the realm of darkness.
Ode to Melinda:
There once was a girl with snot running out of her snout.
Her noggin did pound with Hippos tantrums and when there was no sound.
Her hair became knatty, her face became blotchy and her house became sloppy.
Her lover delivered by drugging her up, now she can sleep, now she can breath, oh how we love our Melinda Bell.
Post a Comment