Thursday, July 29, 2010

Untitled

Yesterday was my last day of work.

One of my clients wrote to me, "I am going to miss your joy..."

Joyful is not something most people would label me as, because most people are not my clients. In the way she knows me, I am joyful. It surprised me to read her compliment but as I thought about it, it is true. The joy of being her, and many other's, therapist spilled from me frequently unable to contain it.

Each night, for many years, I vehemently thanked God for 1) my family 2) my home 3) my career. I feel these three things, in that order, were my greatest blessings.

I am willingly walking away from two of the three and my heart is breaking, is grieving.

I can't write anything more about these things right now. But maybe someday.

2 comments:

M said...

I can almost guarantee your clients are grieving too. They are probably devastated.

I'm so sorry about all your changes and stress and all the sadness that goes along with it. I have a feeling you will do a LOT of good in Michigan.

R said...

i agree whole-heartedly with M. You are an awesome therapist.