Friday, July 23, 2010

Anemia and Hip

Apparently I continue to be anemic and as a result I am now required to to take 325 mg of Ferrous Sulfate per day in addition to my prenatal. That means a bunch of gross side effects.

I checked into how bad anemia is for me and the fetus...it can be really bad.

Here are some symptoms I am having: irritability, tiredness, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, and paleness. I thought all of those things were due to having a two year old potty training while being 28 weeks pregnant in the middle of summer and anticipating HUGE life/circumstance changes. Apparently not.

***
Hip got into big trouble this evening for 1) refusing to eat dinner 2) foraging his own dinner out of hidden snacks (goldfish he had stashed in a toy dump truck) 3) scratching me 4) dumping out folded laundry he had already been told to leave alone 5) hitting me 6) kicking me 7) throwing a temper tantrum 8) missing the potty.

About 30 minutes after he had calmed down his toy horse "hit him" and so he told me the horse had to go to time out. He placed the horse in his own time out place and told him, "Two minutes." Immediately after the horse incident Hip's toy goat began acting up, being "naughty," and also required a time out. I am relieved he is having just as difficult night dealing with his unruly toys as I am my unruly toddler.

***
During his bath Hip sternly said to me, "Go make dinner, Mommy." There will be no bra-burning around here anytime soon.

No comments: