Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sometimes Bad Things Are Funny

Today L is working a day shift. He left the house at 5:45 am and suddenly I heard him rustling around outside. It snapped me out of my sleepiness because I was worried there were car problems. I continued to listen for a few minutes when L came back into the house and into our room to declare that his car had be vandalized. "WHAT!?" I cried sitting up straightaway. He said, "Yeah, someone took a dump (but a different word) in my car. "WHAT?!" I cried again. "Yeah, and threw pudding all over it." he added.

I threw some clothes on to take a look. If this was true it was more worth it to see the pile of poop in L's car than to continue sleeping. Sure enough, in the passenger seat there was a very large pile (well, sort of a scattering) of feces. Was it human for sure? We debated it for a few minutes. A skid mark down the inside of the door confirmed our fears and suggested the perpetrator perched himself (or herself, to be fair--but let's keep it real, there are very few girls that crass) on the door, whose window was down. It was disgusting and hilarious. And of course there was the pudding cup laying empty on the passenger floor with the contents scattered all over the seat, floor, and middle console.

I tried to hide my laughs as L called South Ogden PD but after he got off the phone with dispatch I blurted out that he just ended a dispatch worker's long night shift on a very high note and that they probably can't wait to tell all of their friends and family this story later. When the police officer showed up he could barely contain himself. Poor guy, he was trying so hard to be professional when this situation was freaking awesomely funny. L even told him he should fingerprint the pudding cup which sent me and the officer into near heart failure for trying to keep our laughing at a minimum.

Anyway, I gave L minimal moral support as he cleaned the mess, sitting on the porch thinking of the best way to blog about this later. There was no way I was going to help him...much to his criticism over the years, I always roll up my windows and lock my doors no matter where I am or what time of day. I think L will too now.

***

L (but actually we both are) is having a string of bad luck this summer. His beloved Camaro's engine blew up the other day. May it RIP in my father-in-law's garage for the next 28 months. The good news is that I recently named it, "White Boy", which in my opinion is shear genius for a white Camaro.

***

P.S. I was going through my archives to look at Baby Hippo pictures and came across this from January 2009:

Later, I helped L bath Hippo and wished him (L) a safe trip to work (that was after I ate the ENTIRE chocolate covered Oreo we were supposed to share because he yelled at me for locking the car).

Oh snap!!!!!

5 comments:

R said...

I presume L got to clean it up...his car, he left it unlocked, and you got to play the "I'm pregnant" card. Right? I feel for L.

D, J, Dre and W.D. said...

Are you sure Hippo didn't sneak out of his crib and the house in the middle of the night, snatch a pudding snack and "relax" a little while "driving" dad's car? He did, after all, poop in boxes. You should have finger printed the pudding cup.

M said...

Seriously, you out-did yourself once again with that post. HILARIOUS!

J said...

If anyone ever deuced in my car I would flip. That's disgusting! When it happens to someone else...that's just damn funny!

erin said...

From your last post, sounds like it could have been your son! :) "Since he is climbing now, he climbed up on a bunch of our unpacked boxes in the basement and did some business." I'd have the cops interrogate, just to be sure. :)