Baby has had many firsts this week:
His first 4th of July which is my favorite holiday--by far, hands down, no questions asked.
And with the 4th of July came his first parade! Which he LOVED. He cried at the first siren but after that he squealed with delight at the sirens and the horses. Despite the parade being through his morning nap, he was in an excellent mood. Look how intent his face is while he is watching the parade.
He had his first trip to L's family land in Idaho too. He had a hard time sleeping with so many people around but he enjoyed his first bonfire, his first camping trip, and his first road trip. Did he cry? Yes he did. BUT, he has started playing with his car seat toys and that really helped occupy him when he wasn't sleeping.
Yesterday was his first day in daycare, babysitting. She is a friend of a co-worker who babysits their child as well. We met her a few weeks ago and Baby was taken with her two year-old. And this morning when I dropped him off I watched him follow the two year-old with his eyes for several minutes. My friend dropped his son off later in the day then came to work and reported that his and the babysitter's sons were dancing around Baby chanting his name. Isn't that cute?
I surprised myself and haven't totally obsessed about babysitting-gone-wrong-nightmare scenarios either day. Both days when I picked him up he was happily sleeping in the swing. Plus, her little boy apparently vigilantly makes sure that the swing is rocking and the toys are moving for him at all times. She said he took four--that's right--four naps. I think her house is magic because my friend's son refuses to talk and eat at home but will both talk and eat at the babysitter's. Baby refuses to nap at home and he naps at her house. To make things even better, he transitioned home very easily and slept well through the night. Incredible.
1 comment:
H doesn't like Pedialyte? Weird because that's one of the few things that S does like. He loves it. Glad childcare is going well.
I don't know how I could even go to work, even if I wanted to. S has rotovirus this week. So yeah, he's sick AGAIN!
Post a Comment