Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Quirks

Something L said the other day made me think about his quirkiness which led me to think about my quirkiness and then Baby's quirkiness. Here are a few about us you might find funny and/or interesting...or maybe it's just me who thinks they are funny and/or interesting

L:

-You know that "Tic Toc" Madonna and JT song? It really bothers him that a) there is only four minutes to save the world. He says that is just not enough time. Hasn't he seen any James Bond movies? and b) that the song does not delineate what exactly is destroying the world.
-He will use no other toilet paper than Char.min Ult.ra, the most expensive.
-He does not throw away trash, bring things in, or spot clean his car (all taking but a few seconds or minutes) but he will spend hours and hours detailing it.
-He will all out clean the kitchen floor but will not put the mop and bucket away.
-He used to refuse to wear white shirts to church, calling them lame but now he wears nothing other than white shirts to church while all of his other ones we bought over the years collect dust.
-His morality cannot handle the following: cigarette smoking and tattoos. Just reading this will start him on a soliloquy about them.
-He always thinks he has food poisoning.
-He cannot turn down free food.
-He thinks all free food is good food, even when it makes him sick, even though he worries about food poisoning.
-He wants his birthday celebrated for the entire month, and he thinks everyone that has ever met him should attend a mass celebration to express their gratitude he was born.
-He always "Knows a Guy" who will "Hook Him Up."
-He calls his classic Camaro his "weekend car" although he only drives it in the summer, rarely on weekends.
-He LOVES soy milk

M:

-I will not wear white shoes, white pants, or a white skirt after labor day or before Easter. But off-white is acceptable and so is a white dress.
-I do not wear any other color but white socks, and on the occasion I do, I stress out all day about it.
-No matter how much I try, I cannot spell 'occasion' correctly.
-I refuse to use the word "Binkie". I have caved on the others.
-I hate being late but love leaving early
-'Gift shops' at museums and or theme parks really annoy me, except the one at Tillamook Cheese Factory.
-I can't stop eating Che.x Party Mix until I become physically ill and even that does not avert me to later Che.x Party Mix binges.
-I have allowed my Cilantro to die for the third summer in a row even though I totally know how not to kill it.
-I love Hip Hop music but I am not a teenager, nor did I grow up in Urban America.
-I could spend all day, every day watching Fo.od Net.work.
-I like living in Utah.  I'm not sure when this happened and I can't believe I am admitting it!
-I pick my nose in the car and I think is funny when I get caught.
-I named my cat Damnit and I have no intention of changing her name for Baby's sake.  (Side Story:  the other day she ran off while we were outside and we began a frantic search through the neighbor's--aka the RS President--yard yelling Damnit's name at the top of our lungs!)
-I am an Eagle Eye, much to L's dismay.
-I can yo-yo like nobody's business and sometimes when I have a no-show at work I yo-yo in my office.
-My sense of smell is so sensitive I have gone to great lengths to avoid smells I know I don't like including refusing to take classes in one of the BYU buildings.
-I can type 100 words a minute and was the apple of my high school keyboarding teacher's eye (her name was Ms. Hag and boy did she live up to her name, but I secretly loved her).
-I once wrote a professional letter that simply said, "Boo-ya."

Baby:

-He laughs only once per week, on average.
-He always gets hiccups after he laughs, which is probably why he only laughs once a week.
-He fake sleeps at bedtime (it is really cute and funny).
-He will only nap, well, in a swing.
-His favorite toy is this plush female (it's name on the tag is Lily) frog.
-When hysterical he will not calm down for Mommy or Daddy, but will for Usher without fail.
-He loves Hip Hop music even though he is not a teenager, nor does he live in Urban America.
-When he is pooping he pushes so loud it attracts crowds and/or snickering glances in public.
-His transitional item is a cloth diaper spit rag.
-He LOVES soy milk.

Please feel free to list your quirks...

1 comment:

M said...

That was one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Maybe because I knew a lot of those things about the three of you, but actually I think it's because I learned a lot too. My favs were the professional letter, the gift shop (me too), L's "knowing a guy," and H's burpcloth (S too). Maybe you could elaborate in another post about the professional letter? And how do you prevent cilantro from dieing. Mine hasn't YET, but it will. It always does. And when are you going to spill the beans about your embarrassing moment a few weeks ago?