Saturday, April 26, 2008

Well, He Got Me

So far, Baby has done the following all over L:

-Pooped Twice
-Peed Many Times
-Spit
-Spit Up

I have evaded all (except the very few times he has missed his spit rag and spit up on me). Is it wrong to have deluded myself into thinking he likes me better as a result? Here's why I have justified thinking he likes me better:

-I bore him

This is a stand alone reason why a child should like their mother more than their father. But, you know me, I have more:

-I endured morning sickness
-I endured the side effects of the medication prescribed to treat morning sickness
-I took no vacation/sick leave in just about a year to save up for maternity leave...this is such a HUGE sacrifice in my line of work
-I gained 27 lbs (another stand alone reason)
-I had a huge needle stuck in my back
-I was paralyzed for nearly 24 hours
-I had food aversion for two weeks after delivery
-I get up in the middle of the night to comfort him, every time he cries
-I feed him six times a day, which takes over an hour each time
-I comfort him when he is screaming at the top of his lungs and I have a splitting headache
-I endured leakiness from every part of my body for weeks (okay, maybe not every part)
-I no longer fit in more than half of my wardrobe
-I worry every second of every minute of every hour of every day
-I have learned to administer a suppository
-I have referred to the pacifier/Sooth.ie as "binkie" more than once (see previous blog post)
-Etc.
-Etc.
-Etc.

But today, he got me. He pooped projectile feces onto me, everywhere. I knew vomit could be projectile but I had no idea stool could be...the life lessons just keep on coming don't they? The poop incident disproves my delusion.

2 comments:

J said...

projectile...that's nasty!

M said...

I'm back home and back to reading blogs. I had SO much fun in Utah! Thanks so much for the hospitality... !