Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thanks

Last week several friends and co-workers got together and celebrated baby and me. I feel touched so many people are supportive of us, and I am very grateful for everyone's generosity.

At work they threw me a Mexican Fiesta and one fabulous lady even made mock-margaritas that were super tasty. One co-worker stayed up late in the night making Spanish Rice for the party (and learned that apparently it is really a pilaf). At book club they presented me, the only still child-less among us, with baby necessities I would have never known I would need.

On Saturday my very special and long-time friend Val threw me a baby shower that was so fun she couldn't get some of us to leave!

Several of my clients have also expressed their excitement and support of me.

I want to give a shout-out to everyone who has listened to me over the months 1) complain 2) have anxiety attacks 3) ask absurd questions 4) say silly things about pending motherhood I will soon regret 5) talk about baby incessantly 6) muse over my changing body and life 7) etc. So thanks to everyone who has been endlessly supportive and excited for me.

Thanks to L who listens to the above list times 100,000,000 without telling me to shut-up! If he has to hear one more time, "I wish you could be pregnant for one day...just one day..." And who looks at me wearing those awful sweats and t-shirts which only cover about three quarters of my belly--even when I go to the store. And who gets only about an eighth of the bed since I take up the rest. And who puts up with my mood fluctuations. And who puts together endless baby gadgets on top of going to work, going to school, and going to his practicum. And who tries to accommodate me in everything.

4 comments:

J said...

Sheesh, I hope T likes me as much as you like L when she's prego!

Ruth said...

What great friends you have! I'm totally jealous I missed the WHS fiesta. Who made the drinks?

Ruth said...

oh. P.S. I forgot to tell you that Marcos is a regular reader of your blog. :)

R said...

I wonder where the term "throwing" a shower came from?