Thursday, December 16, 2010

Despite My Great Efforts To Convince Them Otherwise...

My family is under the false impression I like:

-Cleaning up after them
-The smell of poop, especially while I am in the shower
-Doing their dishes
-Doing their laundry, especially when they leave pens and lip balm in their pockets
-Listening to them yell, cry, whine, and complain; and beg, and beg, and beg for candy
-Putting their coats away; and shoes, and gloves, and winter hats
-Making them healthy meals which they refuse to eat, or refuse to eat the leftovers
-Seeing lougies in the bathroom sink when I go to brush my teeth
-Skid marks, pee on the bathroom floor, and a sopping wet shower mat
-Saying the same thing 100 times (aka talking to myself/a brick wall)
-Being spit up on, peed on, pooped on, snotted on; being a human paper towel or wash cloth

And my family is under the false impression I do not like:

-Reading for 5+ minutes straight without interruption
-Eating the treats I have spend hundreds of man hours making and baking
-Sleeping for more than four hours straight
-Watching any sort of television programming I may pick out, especially hearing the dialogue
-Getting away from this house all by myself
-My clothes without spit up/snot/pee/poop/someone else's food

All of this is beginning to lead me to believe my family likes:

-An irritable wife/mother
-A wife/mother that tunes out anybody's complaints/crying/whining/yelling/screaming/crying
-A wife/mother who is yelling/screaming/crying

1 comment:

M said...

My family LOVES a mad wife/mother too btw.

I kid you not. I swear on my life this is happening as i type:

Both of my children are hanging onto my shirt BEGGING for candy. They both have bags of candy in their hands and have asked approx 3000 times in the last hour for said candy. When I said no just now, my oldest son said, "I love you all the way to outer space, bounce back, bounce BACK to outer space and bounce back to earth again. That's how much I love you. Now, can I have my candy?"

And my younger son is saying, "Mommy open bag. Me candy." (Repeat 1000 times) And when I ignore him, "Mommy no talk me." (Repeat 500 times)

So when mommy gets mad, know there's another mommy 25 states away that is mad too.