Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm Fifteen Months


Did you miss me?

My mommy said people aren't as interested in toddlers as they are in babies and so she wouldn't let me post an update at 13 or 14 months.  But a lot has happened since my birthday.

I can walk!  I know you saw the video a few weeks ago, but I am pretty good at it now.  My cousin Sambo was visiting me this week and since he is so athletic, headed to the 2012 London Olympics in gymnastics (he is 18 months-old), he taught me how to walk REALLY well.  

I have dropped all but one bottle per day--my mommy keeps the one at bedtime because I refuse to drink milk at all unless it is in a bottle and she says I need the nutrients.  I also eat 100% regular food--no more baby food which is super sad for me since I was one in a million that LOVED baby food.  I also have 12 teeth; my fourth molar came in today! My mommy noticed it when she brushed my teeth tonight. 

I am still big for my age.  My mommy thinks I am nearly 30 lbs and I am wearing 18-24 month-old clothes.  Although, I have thinned out quite a bit in the last several weeks which makes my mommy a little sad because she loved my chunkiness.  

I have a large vocabulary which grows just about everyday.  My vocabulary is so large, in fact, most people don't believe my mommy's bragging until they meet me.  Just today I learned how to say 'please,' which I pronounce "peas", "hat", and "sit."  When my mommy came to get me out of bed this morning I grabbed the hat on her head and exclaimed, "HAT!"  She didn't even realize I knew what a hat is.  Most people find my animal noises delightful.  When my daddy asks, "What does a mom say?"  I answer by exclaiming, "No. No! NO!" When my mommy asks, "What does a dad say?" I answer saying, "Der!" I really like to say "hi" to people in the store, even when I don't know them.  My mommy isn't sure if my friendliness makes people feel tickled or feel uncomfortable; she says it makes her feel really uncomfortable.   

I still throw temper tantrums A L-O-T.  It's just that when my mommy doesn't do what I want her to do I get SOOOO ANGRY.  When I throw temper tantrums or when I hit/scratch/scream I go to time out for one minute and even though I cry the whole time I always change my attitude and forgive my mommy. Sometimes my temper tantrums make my mommy laugh but she stops when I look at her so she won't encourage my naughty behavior.  Sometimes they just make her mad.  Like when I head-butted her jugular at the Tracy Aviary last week--it knocked the wind out of her and she almost dropped me on cement.  That's not how I got this shiner, however.  I fell against a train table at the Children's Treehouse Museum in Ogden, Utah.  My mommy wishes it would hurry up and heal so she can stop looking like a child abuser.  I wouldn't stop moving for the camera so sorry about the unclear picture.  


People say I am a ham for attention.  I am not shy at all, which is exactly opposite to my mommy's personality (one more way I am like my daddy).  My mommy hopes my attention seeking is more to do with personality quirkiness than due to emotional instability.

My mommy is most happy that I've started to play with my toys by myself for extended amounts of time (20 or so minutes nearly everyday).  My mommy says she is happy she can check her email or fix dinner in a bit of peace now.  Hmm, we'll see.

I still like to be outside.  My mommy can't figure out why I am willing to eat leaves, sticks, stones, and dirt but not the vegetable she offers.  I even wear the sun hat and sunglasses she puts on me, pretty well.  I love to go for runs/walks in my jogging stroller.  Except to the library, I hate the library.  I love to torture my mommy at the library, however--yelling, screaming, throwing temper tantrums, pulling books off shelves, crawling as fast as I can away from her, crawling out the front door, laughing hysterically loudly, and anything else I can do to make her stress and rush out before she finds something good to read.  

Here is a list of my favorites at this time of life:

Food:   Strawberries and raspberries (from my very own garden), oranges, goldfish crackers,     pretzels, string cheese, peanut butter, graham crackers, chips, cookies, and ice cream*

*You may be wondering why my mommy has given me junk food.  She hasn't.  Other people     have and now she has caved to my pressure (yelling and screaming).  She now gives me               one cookie for eating my dinner well and she will teach me words with ice cream.  Hence,           how I learned "peas" today.

Parent:  Daddy

Toy:  Little People Farm and Little People Tractor

Thing to do:  Feed the cows and drive the tractor with my daddy or go to the gym

Book:  New Hat, Old Hat--Berenstains

Drink:  Water

Time of Day:  Nighttime, I am a night owl like my daddy

Way to Act in Church:  Obnoxious

Household Chore:  Vacuuming

Animal:  Cows and cats

Clothing Item:  Shoes (a word I can say)

Word:  "Moo" and "Baby"

Friend:  Every kid I meet

Songs:  "Boom, Boom, Pow"--Black Eyed Peas; "Poker Face"--Lady GaGa; "Sexes on Fire"--       Kings of Leon; "Your Call"--Secondhand Serenade; "Halo"--Beyonce; The entire Taylor               Swift Fearless album; "Then"--Brad Paisley; "Kiss Through the Phone"--Soulja Boy Tell             'Em Featuring Sammie; "Her Diamonds"--Rob Thomas

Person to Kiss: MOMMY!

2 comments:

J said...

I think your explanation of the black eye is just a cover up for beating H.

R said...

We absolutely love getting the first-person updates. I wonder what he will say when he posts his 50th birthday?