This is the fourth post I've added tonight so keep reading.
My new simple and minimal life took a dramatic turn for the complicated and maximal this week.
Monday: Worked out--legs. Cracked the whip while L and I deep cleaned the middle level of the house. Cooked and prepped for my Book Club meeting for Tuesday. Took care of every one of Hippo's needs.
Tuesday: Dropped Hippo off at the babysitters, went to work and saw 8 clients, came home and continued cooking, madly, for my Book Club meeting. The menu included my sister's hot corn dip (with a few twists) and pita chips, rustic beef stew with homemade foccacia bread for dipping (covered in my home grown Rosemary), lemon curd tart with lemon whipped cream, pear clafouti with cinnamon and vanilla whipped cream, and lemon water. This menu was genius, if I do say so myself. Hosted my book club until the last member left at 10:30 pm. I think I committed to running the Ogden half marathon some time before the meeting ended...Cleaned everything up including all the dishes. Don't worry, L picked Hippo up and took care of his every need.
Wednesday: Went to work and saw 10 clients--10 very hard clients. Came home and took care of Hippo's every need.
Thursday: Worked out--arms--and almost went postal when the junior high kids invaded the weight room. I felt like I was at work but I DIDN'T feel like I had to be nice to them. Cooked dinner at 1:00 pm so L could take it to work that night. Went to the library and stayed until the glares of the quiet folks drove us out. Started to read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Took care of Hippo's every need.
Friday: Got up early so I could work out--legs and bike--and get my hair done. Grudgingly went to L's friend's birthday party which turned out to be pretty fun. BUT, this was after L took us to the wrong restaurant and when he realized his mistake yelled loudly, "You've got to be f------ sh----- me..." That was embarrassing. Took care of Hippo's every need.
Saturday: Woke up early to attempt to train for a half marathon (I'm not sure I'm really going to do this). I was able to run three miles pretty well (to think exactly two years ago I ran nine miles). Cleaned the fridge, did laundry, bought a new car seat, went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, took care of Hippo's every need, ate six chocolate chip cookies (uh, I ran three miles after I worked out my arms so I get to if I want), blogged, and watched recorded cooking shows.
Hippo has become the gym's most popular attendee. When we walk into the day care the providers exclaim, "HIPPO!" and he gets giddy in my arms. The care providers tell me how good he is and how much fun he has which makes the other children have fun.
This morning L didn't want to go to the gym with us and after I laid the guilt on thickly he finally agreed. When we walked into the day care room to drop Hippo off one of the care providers said, "Wow Hippo, your mommy works out all of the time!" to which I dramatically looked at L until he realized he should be a little more dedicated himself.
3 comments:
Thanks
Keep it up...I'm trying to myself.
Thanks for the GREAT book club treats by the way and i certainly hope 10:30 isn't to late. We are chatterboxes. I better start doing some serious training thought or else you will leave me in the dust. I am soooo excited you are doing the 1/2 too. love the blog.
Post a Comment