Sunday, November 30, 2008

You Have Stolen My Heart / Thanksgiving

WARNING:  If you're not family you may want to skip this one because it may be a little boring to those who don't innately love Hippo.  Hippo has taken to dancing when he is feeling the music.  He danced to the RS practice hymn last Sunday which proves he loves even church music.



Thanksgiving was Hippo's best day in his eight months of life.  He was given a lot of things to eat including turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied yams, pumpkin pie, apple pie and vanilla ice cream, and stuffing.  He LOVED everything and was the hit of the party.  

No, Hippo is not crawling yet.  I finally bought him a toy that claims it "encourages crawling." Hmph, false advertising.

He says "Ma" and "Mama" for me.  Folks find it funny that he yells these at me already when he wants something or if he is irritated with me.  I think he says "Ba" for food or when he is hungry, not specific to his bottle though.  He hasn't figured out that L is "Dadadadadada" yet.  

Since we ate at a restaurant for L's proclaimed favorite holiday I thought I'd make him a pumpkin pie for dessert last night.  After reviewing pie crust recipes and viewing tutorials online I chose an all butter (for the fat) recipe.  Unfortunately it didn't occur to me that this recipe was best for pre-baked pie shells until after I baked the entire pie.  So when L got home from work I wanted to show him what the bottom of the pie looked like through the glass dish so he could decide if it looked wrong or not. I'm sure you can figure out what happened next...THE PIE FELL OUT OF THE DISH ONTO MY OUTSTRETCHED ARMS!  L laughed and I cried a little.  L salvaged what he could and when I anxiously asked him how the crust turned out he said, "Well, it's a bit on the flaky side."  Despite the falling-out-of-the-dish tragedy and despite L's lack of palate sophistication I guess I succeeded after all. 

6 comments:

M said...

I'm not kidding. That might be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Seriously. Even if I wasn't family, I'd think that was so totally awesome. Maybe him and N can be in a band one day!

M said...

Me and N just watched it again and he was very impressed too. He wanted to tell H that it was very good dancing and he kept wondering where H learned to dance so well. "Is L dancing with him?" He also wondered if you remember going to the beach with him. He wants to type his own name here: noah

I can't believe how well he responds to his name!

crazymamma said...

ok really i am not not fam and that was the CUTEST thing i have ever seen! OHHH that was adorable! he is getting sooo cute and chubbers!! i love him! i cant wait to see you guys again! so i think you should submit that video to the ELLEN show..it was adorable! i especially loved the singing:)

R said...

White man can dance! Oh how we miss being with H!

J said...

T and I are doomed...we definately having the ugly kids.

G said...

What M didn't tell you was that she had to ask N who sang that song. Of course he knew without any trouble. Good choice!