Summer/Fall '08
Now that winter is finally here in Utah I though I would update you all on my adventures and projects. As you can see in the following picture, you might be thinking to yourself; what in the heck is that?

That my friends is a chile roaster. Built by yours truly and my good friend Andy. Andy and I had been dabbling in farmers markets over the summer only to find our hard work was not paying of in the amount that we wanted it to. About the middle of the season we decided to built this awesome contraption thinking we hit the jackpot. We knew that chile roasters are a huge deal and they are very hard to come by in the state of Utah. Let's just say for legal complications to make it short. Anyways we built this thing, however it took us 3 weeks to build. We both had other jobs so we could only do it in our spare time. That left little time to not much else. Yep you guessed it, that drove M bonkers. She was spitfire mad about the whole thing. The nice thing about it was that we knew a guy (Andy's dad) who is in the steal business and most of it was made from scrap steal. So it did not cost us a whole lot. The bad thing was it took us so long to build that we missed the season and only made about $150. Although this year was a bust, we are ready for next year. Bring on the chile's.
On Monday's I have a morning meeting with my internship in which we meet with all the ICU managers and discuss how the past week went. This meeting goes from 8am-12pm. So after that me and some cohorts decided that would be a great time to mountain bike. I was only able to make it a couple of times due to other chile and baby arrangements. But here are a couple of collateral damage pictures.
8 comments:
I don't really know what "spitfire" mad means but I can say I can home to sparks flying through an open window into the house because the two boy geniuses decided to metal grind close to the house. And then there was the time I walked outside to find sparks flying into the pack n' play where Baby was sleeping. Then there were the hours upon hours of building, swearing, cursing, re-building, more swearing and cursing, and then chile roasting that took away from our family. THEN I came home, when the roaster was finally finished, to my entire house smelling like burnt chiles because it didn't occur to L to roast the chiles away from the house OR to close the house windows. NOR did it occur to him to roast them on our cement pad 100 feet behind our house instead of in the middle of the lawn where next summer I now may find many chile plants sprouting--yeah, Andy, that's not so funny to me.
I just have to leave a comment to that comment. M loves to exagerate!
And L LOVES to do engage in meaningless projects
I don't know how i came by the "master arguer" title in our family. First of all, Buddy now has me beat. But I honestly don't think I could win an argument with Myndi if my life depended on it. :)
This banter back and forth is pretty funny...
So, I got on to read the comments only to find that the majority are from you two yay-hoos! L, you need to get me into mt. biking, it seems a lot of fun.
So...someone tell me if the roasted chiles are any good?
Cost of the roaster - almost nothing
Profit made from the venture - $150
Comment about the two boy geniuses - priceless!
The Chilies are the BOMB!!! And M is just jealous, that the chili roaster was not her idea.
Yeah..."Da Bomb!"
--Myndi
Post a Comment