Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back in The Saddle

Today was my first day back to work.  Surprisingly, it wasn't has difficult as some people said it would be.  But on the other hand it was harder than I ever thought it would be.  Being at work reminded me how much I like my job.  As much as I complain (no surprise to my regular readers) I really do love it.  I have wanted to be a therapist for as long as I can remember.  The aspiration specifically came to me after I read "There's a boy in The Girls Bathroom" by Louis Sacher when I was in the fifth grade.  

But being at work also made me think/realize I would much rather be raising my own child than attempting to raise 50-75 of other peoples' children, depending on my caseload on a given day.  Hopefully I will be able to go part time by the end of the summer; I have been scheming up ideas to make this possible.  Stay tuned for my decision and the outcome of my scheming.

It is once more again apparent to me how much having a child changes things.  I was once a very ambitious young professional.  Now I am a mother.

***

And in other news...

Baby pooped all over Grandma Jeri last night.  After an major Memorial Day BBQ fest she offered to put Baby to bed while L and I and all of his brothers and sisters and some friends went to a movie.  When we got home she informed us that he pooped in his bath requiring her to change the water.  Then he pooped again when she was toweling him off!  It was everywhere! Baby got three baths last night...glad it wasn't me this time.

***

Speaking of BBQ fests...We bought a charcoal grill and grilled a rack of pork spareribs.  We used wood to smoke them and you wouldn't believe how much you could taste it.  Let's just say, L and I are just a shade under BBQ masters.  I even made my own BBQ sauce which completely stole the show.  We also made beef short ribs--it was the first time I have eaten and enjoyed short ribs.  My marinade was to-die-for to say the least.  To round things out we threw on some crab legs, had a green salad, and a fruit salad. Since it is L's b-day today I made the most amazing cake.  It had a black-berry cream filling, need I say more?  Too bad we didn't think to take pictures of the grandeur.  Anybody hungry now?

1 comment:

M said...

I keep meaning to comment. Sheesh you still have time to chef up great meals! You mommy comments are really cute. I can hardly wait to see where life and jobs takes you next. You'll do great wherever you end up.