One of the lamest things about Utah is "trunk or treat." This is where, instead of the traditional trick-or-treating, church/community members gather in a large parking lot and hand out candy out of their trunks. Popular thinking, around these parts, is that trick-or-treating is dangerous. It's rather curious that the entire neighborhood, that knows each other well, shows up to participate. It makes no logical sense to me.
Being the chronically annoyed folks we are, L came up with a gory alternative to the "trunk."
We really stole the show. As you can tell it was a smash hit (har, har) that had everyone coming back to our parking spot several times over--hence, why we ran out of candy within 10 minutes of arriving.
You may be wondering why we would participate if we think trunk or treating is so lame. Because what is the point of going trick-or-treating with a 19 month-old? We will definitely be trick-or-treating when he is old enough to be as excited about candy as Jerry Seinfeld (seriously, if you haven't heard this bit you are not experiencing all Halloween can be). For more go here.
This is a picture taken while we were driving the tractor home, with our dead guy on the hood. We couldn't resist driving around the neighborhood, though, and to see unsuspecting stranger's faces...priceless.
The following picture is from our city's Halloween bash last weekend. It was super fun until I saw an old, very dangerous, client and I grabbed Hippo/Monkey and got out of there as soon as I could. He got his face painted--a snake.
4 comments:
The tractor "scene" is awesome! Well done! It looks like a good time was had by all (although I'm a little nervous about H's fingernail polish).
Now, about the virtues of "trunk or treat". As any kid will tell you: IT'S ABOUT THE CANDY! Where else can you score so much booty for such little time and effort. You save so much time that you can then hit the neighborhoods...or another trunk or treat down the road. In short, Utahans have made it easy to gather your year's supply of candy.
I know I say this almost everytime I see H, but you have no idea how often I pray that our boy is as cute as yours.
First I am laughing so hard that you can drive a tractor on the street...next I am laughing really hard at how funny you guys are to come up with that idea! And by the way it isn't just Utah that does trunk or treat. They do it in North Carolina, California, Maryland, Virginia, and Denver (just the few places that I have actually participated...) Hippo is growing up fast! We need to get together again :)
Very cute monkey!! He is getting so big I love seeing his pictures..I miss seeing you guys:( I love the tractor that is awesome the boys would have loved it,andy got a golf cart and strung orange lights around it and drove the boys in it to go trick or treating it was really fun!! Him and L always have good crazy ideas:)Our boys are lucky to have them!!
Post a Comment