Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Facebook


I joined yesterday. Why? I'll quote my client today (who does not know I joined yesterday):

With a snotty junior high girl ring in the voice tone, "Because Myn-di, myspace is soooo last year. Facebook and Twitter are where the cooool people are."

(If you think I'm kidding you should come to work with me sometime)

I said seriously, "Are you serious?"

She said, "Yeah."

I asked, "Seriously? Your serious."

She said, "Yeah."

I began hating myself and I thought about deleting my profile but when I logged on this evening and saw I had 21 friends. I did some quick math and realized that is 7 times the friends I had in high school.

"SCORE!" I yelled loudly.

Until I realized that my brother-in-law has 542 friends and I re-thought deleting my profile. Ore deleting my existence...

5 comments:

M said...

Yep, I have two issues with facebook. (1) I'm competitive with G and I could NEVER compete with his friends tally. (2) Those HS people didn't like me in HS. What makes me think they'd like me now?

(But every now and again I go on G's FB account and read up on all our college/current friends.)

G said...

So did you cancel your Myspace page when you joined Facebook?

R said...

I consider myself fairly tech savvy and open to new things but I don't get these social networking sites. A blog seems enough public exposure. Some privacy needs to be maintained as well as limiting time on these sites. This all seems faddish. And the member of the stake presidency is on Facebook so he can keep an eye on our youth. The stories he's already told us.

HJ said...

finally you are "cool" hahaha

Ruth said...

Are you using an alias to hide from your clients (and their parents, of course)? I am. :)