...you climb over me when I am folding laundry I wonder when you will stop wanting to touch me, or me to touch you.
...we fight over mealtime I think how much I cannot wait until you have a favorite food and I will make it for you.
...I read to you each night and listen to your contented sights I cannot help but read to you one more story and then another and then another.
...you are extraordinarily rowdy each week at church I wonder if, when you are old enough, you will always want to go to church.
...we shop together I smile when I think about how you have become my favorite shopping partner.
...I watch you explore every inch of the house, aiming for things you know I do not want you to touch, I wonder how many other things you will do that I do not want you to do in the next fifty or so years.
...you make friends everywhere we go I notice how much you are like your daddy.
...we drive various places I am thankful you enjoy a car ride listening to anything I choose including Eragon (which we started just before you were born and finished in the hospital), rock, hip hop, or alternative.
...I hold you on the few occasions you snuggle I wish those moments will last forever.
...you tell me off in baby gibberish I wonder where in the he-- you learned that.
...we share our inside jokes (like peek-a-boo cheating, Where The Wild Things Are, and laughing hysterically over "fat face") I hope we will always be able to share a laugh.
...I see you chasing the kitty I hope she outruns you and you don't get hurt; how many times will I hope the same thing in the future?
...you refuse to feed yourself your bottle I am honored you choose to spend ten minutes four times a day being close to your mommy. And how that is more important to you than your independence makes me realize I have embarked upon the most meaningful work of my life.
...we share a love for being outside I am curious what other things we might have in common in the future.
...I reflect upon the past year of your, and my, life I marvel.
3 comments:
As...
...I read that I thought it was was the most touching thing I've ever read.
...I read that I thought back to when i though many of the same things about you.
WOW. Thanks for sharing.
You really should write a book. I'm impressed. This could be found on a wall poster or a Hallmark card.
Post a Comment