Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update on Me Part II

My daddy calls me his boy

My mommy says I'm cute and smart

I like to visit my mommy at work.  I used to get so much therapy before I was born that I've been going through withdrawls!

On my four month checkup my doctor said I was handsome.  He also said I was in the 75th percentile for weight and height.  I turn 5 months Tuesday!

My acid reflux is still really really bad.  But, my mommy has finally figured out how to give me my medicine so I ingest most of it and I spit up none or little of it.  In turn, that has been helping me a lot with my attitude and my sleeping.

Here are some developmental milestones I am doing:
-I now sleep almost 10 hours at night
-I take three naps per day, hopefully totaling five to six hours
-I will nap in my crib now, but I still prefer my swing
-I eat oatmeal because even though I started out liking rice cereal, it was harder on my reflux
-I am able to roll both ways--from my back to my front and from my front to my back--but I usually refuse unless no one is looking.  My mommy has only seen me roll a few times but she has certainly found me in different positions which tells her I do roll.
-I squeal, scream, and holler
-I play with all of my toys.  My new favorite toy is a fabric book that crinkles when I touch it that my Grandma Beth gave me
-I can hold my own bottle for at least five minutes while my mommy washes dishes.  Sometimes I don't want to though, and I just want her to hold me.
-I only cry about an hour per day which is average for a baby my age
-I like to grab my toes and even suck on them when I don't think my mommy is watching
-I like to chew on everything, mostly my fists
-I can spit bubbles and my food

Here are things I really like:
-My mommy, daddy, and kitty Damn (except we're calling her Wu right now because of the Olympics)
-Eating
-My swing
-My toys
-Being outside, I will even forget I am grumpy and hungry and tired
-Being social
-My babysitter
-My babysitter's son (I cry and throw a fit when he doesn't pay attention to me)
-Music and music videos
-Joshua from So You Think You Can Dance
-Kisses
-Funny noises
-My mommy's fake vibrato
-My bath time
-Books, especially those animal ones you can touch the different textures
-Being tickled
-Parties and BBQs
-Attention
-The Olympics, especially volleyball
-Teasing my uncle AJ (My mommy talks for me and tells him that I will be his cheerleader when he is in the NBA--he really hates the idea of me becoming a cheerleader)
-That cheerleader moving, Bring It On
-Texting
-Cell phones and remote controls
-Watching people eat
-My daddy's beard
-Touching people's faces

Here are things I do not like:
-When my mommy and daddy go to work
-Nap time, even though I do it
-Being on my stomach
-My acid reflux
-My mommy ignoring my hollering
-Relief Society, so my mommy is making me try out Elder's Quorum with my daddy
-Going to the dentist with my mommy
-Getting my nose suctioned out
-Having my fingernails cut/filed
-Not being the center of attention
-Doing things I do not want to do

Here are things I am working on:
-Being patient
-Telling what I want nicely
-Having a better attitude when it's nap time
-Being quiet in Relief Society
-Being motivated to roll instead of my intense desire to stand and sit
-Being nice to my babysitter in the afternoons

4 comments:

J said...

Those picture are super adorable. I really like the creative blog...keep the updates coming.

M said...

He is really, really cute. He's changed a TON! He looks like you, with a hint of Luke.

crazymamma said...

oh he is soo adorable! He totally looks like you! oh that is awesome! I also love that he loves music...that is soo cute!

Mel said...

Your baby is so cute and I agree with crazymamma; he looks just like you!