You will not believe what I've been up to.
Now that the Olympics are over I have a lot of spare time on my hands. Baby's mood and napping continues to improve that the time I have found myself with has sent me into accomplish-weird-and-strange-things mode.
I have been making baby food.
Living on a farm produces a lot of produce. I figured it would save me $$ if I utilized the goods at my fingertips and made my own baby food. Plus, my garden was ultra fabulous this year and there was no way I could possibly consume 1,000,000 zucchini (that is really not that big of an exaggeration).
So far I have done: plums, green beans, yellow squash, zucchini, and corn. I will also, by the summer's end, do peaches, pears, cantaloupe, carrots, and apples (and maybe apricots).
If your interested boil the desired fruit/vegetable for a really long time--longer than you think. Drain. Puree in a food processor until everything is just about smooth. Sometimes you will need to add 1/4-1/2 cup of water to help maintain a thin texture. Fill ice trays with the puree and place in a freezer until frozen. Pop the frozen puree out and fill a zipper bag and store in the freezer until baby is hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
All the produce sounds yummy! I'm not a baby food guy anymore. H is really going to know good food as he grows up.
Cantaloupe-that's a good idea! And so is zuccini.
Now your going green. Looks like it's time to move to Oregon and be green with the rest of the fam.
Post a Comment