Monday, June 23, 2008

I've Learned a Few More Things...


I would have never guessed that getting a baby to sleep would become my most valuable skill:

I thought tying my shoes was pretty important at the time, but stilettos (at least the ones I want to wear) don't have shoe laces.

Reading was hard in the beginning, but definitely worth it in the end.

I thought logarithms were hard...listening to complaining parents while wondering what Baby is doing is harder.

I thought 17 credits would do me in, but trying to get a three month-old baby to smile on demand during the 15 minutes worth of patience the Pennie.s photographer has left during the only weekend in the next two months that would accommodate three month-old pictures with a grandma who traveled a long distance with soaring gas prices really just about did me in.

Plus...

You know how when you don't think things could get any worse and then they always do in some horrific way you could have never ever predicted?  That happened today.  Don't worry, no one died.  I just wanted to.  It was one of those "most embarrassing moments" that is too embarrassing to tell anyone about and I am dying sitting here thinking about the people who witnessed my train wreck telling others about it.  Anyway, the disaster was so problematic I, to save any dignity I had left, canceled my afternoon appointments and took a long and savory nap with Baby.  

The moral of the story is:  When things get bad, there is Baby's breath on my chest to remind me that everything is as it should be.


No comments: