Hippo enjoyed his second birthday. He especially liked this cake his Grandpa Randy made for him.
This is one of my favorite pictures we've taken of Hippo (he looks deceptively innocent and sweet).
This is an adorable picture of Hippo opening his present from his cousin, Buddy. His other cousin, Sambo, is in the chair to the left. Hippo was more happy playing with his cousins in Oregon a few weeks ago than he has been all winter.
Here Hippo is sporting one of his presents. Hippo has always been willing to wear hats, a major benefit to a fashion conscious mother.

Hippo received many birthday presents. He is lucky to have a lot of adoring family members to provide him with endless trucks, tractors, books, and other toys.

L and his 18 year-old sister stayed up until midnight making this cake for Hippo. In the shot you cannot tell that there are hills and valleys, fish swimming in the pond, trees, and worms in the dirt. L was attempting to tell me about his vision of this cake while we were in the store and I impatiently told him that it would never work and that he was foolish for thinking up such a crazy idea. Well, it turned out uber-fabulous and clearly I am the fool. When Hippo saw the cake he immediately yelled, "Tractors!" and raced over to the cake to drive the tractors around. Hippo loved it. Even though I wasn't able to make his cake this year, his daddy filled the void (much better than I would have). We also had a tractor pinata that Hippo had difficulty parting with but we forgot to get a picture of it.
1 comment:
Wow, that's an impressive cake. I'll start thinking about what kind of cake I want them to make me for my birthday. Happy Birthday Hip.
Post a Comment