Friday, July 10, 2009

I Can't Believe the Cat Just Threw Up On Me And Other Thoughts of the Day

Spending an entire day with myself was a luxury laid to rest last March. Back then I was so thoughtful.  Thinking over work problems, thinking over world problems, thinking over home problems.  Thinking over triumphs, thinking over books read, thinking over meals eaten, thinking over my outfit choice, thinking over my next shoe purchase...thinking, thinking, thinking.

I definitely still think, just different now.  I think more simply, I think.

Here's a sample from today:

OH MY GOSH!  I can't believe the cat just threw up on me!!!!!  And my new white couch!

Doesn't anyone brush their teeth to go to the gym anymore?
When I nearly lost consciousness each time the lady on the bike next to mine turned in my direction

Apparently people with Swine Flu don't go to Target.
When I discovered Target doesn't provide sanitation wipes for carts.

What should I have for dessert tonight?
At 8:45 am

Really.?.
After reading that Feds have come to believe the Patriot Act just may be illegal.

Nobody will ever know if I de-bug my organic garden...will they?

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Maybe I should implement a swear jar.
After the my RS president neighbor overheard me swearing up a storm over a small catastrophe involving a garden hose, a baby, and a lot of mud.

Who knew a bubble blowing stick could be so entertaining?
After Hippo played with it for nearly one hour.

I feel happy.
After seeing a leashed dog become unleased by its owner and bounded across the park's sunny lawn to spring itself in the air after a frisbee.

I hope my Grandpa will be okay.

Cows say "Mooooo", Cats say "Meow", Snakes say "Ssss", Dogs say "Woof, Woof", Sheep say "Baaa"

2 comments:

R said...

No one will ever know how you de-bug your organic garden...just as we never know how food sold as organic in the stores is de-bugged.

crazymamma said...

hahahaah still laughing at your dads comment! awesome...and i love this post..it sounds like me!! and i love the swear jar...seriously i think i need to do one for me....hahahaha give hippo a big hug for us!