Work:
I've cut down to 16-18 hours per week at work. It feels like I am doing the same amount of work as I was in 40 hours a week just a month and a half ago, however, even though I have cut more than 40 clients from my caseload. At last count I have 30 clients; ideally I will have between 20 and 25.
BTW, I am working toward private practice which is anti-simplify and minimize...not sure what I'm thinking or doing at this point in time but I've just dropped a large sum of money on software to make this possible. Next stop, liability insurance...
L decided not to take Organic Chemistry, for which he was originally registered, because he's just plain worn out. And he only has two jobs now.
Home and Family:
Even though we wish we could amputate a few choice members of the family (just kidding, geez) we are instead deep cleaning every nook and cranny of the house and amputating items we no longer use/need. No drawer will go unopened and no box un-emptied. Out of the office alone, 7 bags of trash (which is just shameful). It took us two weeks to get through the top level of the house; the DI pile for that 1000 square feet of the house filled up the entire upstairs hallway. Next in line is the middle level.
I've been cooking nearly every night of the week, which makes my heart sing. After reviewing our budget L suggests we are actually saving money (minimizing) in the food department now that we eat out much less. This is despite buying pricey formula.
Lifestyle:
We are minimizing our BMIs by working out. Let's just say I haven't been this sore in more than a decade, and I've learned how to snowboard and trained for a marathon in that time. Holy smokes, I can barely move let alone carry a 25 LB immobile infant up two flights of stairs 1,000,000 times daily.
In addition to the weight and health benefits of working out I am rediscovering how simple life challenges seem when my muscles feel as if a cat has used them as a scratch surface. Moreover, my mind and personal challenges are calm and my priorities appear more clear.
Social:
Social situations are challenging for me. In my attempts to simplify this area of my life my goal is to not over think and just do. Instead of worrying about what others are thinking and feeling I am just going to do. Just do it. Just do it. Just invite them, just call her, just ignore it, just overlook it, just forgive it.
Spiritual:
In an attempt to minimize my sinful nature I have given up further ink.
3 comments:
Well, reading your list gave me some good ideas.
I'm glad your writing hiatus was because you've been working hard, not because something was wrong. I'm sure G will be disappointed by your last statement. Somebody in this family needs ink, he thinks, and it certainly will never be me.
Hey Myndi,
Good luck with all the private practice plans. Let me know when you start.
Oh, and it's so fun to see all these pictures and catch up on your life. (I didn't do much blogging or blog-reading while in UT last month.)
Two things: Firts, I know exactly what you mean about being sore. I can't tell you how many times I have given up on working out because I couldn't get passed being sore. Second, does that mean you are feeling buyers remorse(guilty) for getting the tat. (I give you a hard time becuase I'm jealous)
Post a Comment